Monday, June 20, 2005
Woo hoo Disaster!
Woo hoo, the terrible flooding finally started to touch my area so I had something to write at work! Of course I’m kidding (because pain & suffering is funny), but there is a bit of that in media. News jobs are more exciting when terrible things happen. Luckily, as dramatic as things are getting in Calgary and Drumheller, it still looks like things should peak and start to get better in the next day or so with only moderate damage (in terms of huge catastrophes).
The only way it’s impacting us here is that the town is preparing to take in evacuees. There are some pretty dramatic pictures at cbc.ca and among the Calgary Herald’s reader submitted photos.
Anyway this is another short post since my computer is still freezing up and crashing whenever I’m online. It’s taken me 4.5 hours to get it going properly today. I seem to spend about 75% of my free time working on it. I’m taking a step back to find and solve the underlying problems so I may not be online much for a day or two. Not to mention I need a break from the daily aneurysms.
I hear through the grapevine that MB is leaving, or has left, Kamloops. Since I'm already gone I could care less, I miss everyone there, but I hope it was a happy parting and I know she's off on an exciting African adventure.
The grapevine also told me Fred was in da'Loops. We'd hoped to meet in Edmonton sometime around now but I don't think that'll happen. Also in the great Alberta/j-school migration Al is due out this way sometime in the next week - bring a boat! Speakin' of boats Tara is getting her drivers license, with her and Meghan on the road, stay off the sidewalks in K-town.
Also in boat news, Wade might be one of the only people happy to see floods in Calgary, the 2 boats he built are in his garage, he can paddle to the store.
I've added 3 more fun links to the bottom of my links list. Have a fun evening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You're correct I was in Kamloops. For an eye appointment and to start the process of packing up. Gawd your paper sounds awful! Hate to say it but stories getting vetted? That must be discouraging. Why aren't you the publisher yet? Wasn't the old coot talking about moving on? My boss is a pasive agressive old guy too (Careful some probably think I'm old) but I get to write news. When I can find it that is. There's a big public meeting down the road in Dunster where tourism operators will be launching into the logging companies that clearcut near their lands and make hiking or riding an ugly experience. It's even getting some coverage by the CBC so should be a racuos good time. I write eight a week and barely make it but I'm still too keen to fudge stories that probably deserve to be fudged. Anyways comments are probably supposed to be related to YOUR posts and not all about me so ....
Maybe we could rename Wade as Noah.
Fred, you need a blog too!
Post a Comment