Sex, rain and the 7 second bird
How old am I feeling? The other day I found myself bitching about there being too much sex on TV! It seems only yesterday I was bitching there isn’t enough sex on TV…er wait, that WAS yesterday, I got over it pretty quick. But I do wonder about kids and pop media/culture these days.
I think the weather is pushing me to the edge of a nervous break down. After two weeks of cold, dark, rain, hail & frost it cleared up a bit over the weekend actually hitting 29 on Sunday leading me to publish a story yesterday about the wet and how it was supposed to be nice and sunny and warm this week.
Today we’re back to horizontal driving rain, a dark sky that looks like dusk at 1pm, and a high of 7. Environment Canada, who last week claimed it would be 28 today, still have the audacity to be calling for 27 on Friday! I’ll believe that when I see it.
Meanwhile it’s impossible to buckle down and work, I just feel like drinking, or sleeping in front of a fireplace I don’t have, or sitting in a Jacuzzi, of which there are none in town.
Yesterday I was driving in town when a flock of Robin size black birds took off from the other side of the road right into my path. Several bounced off the side of my car and one flew right in my open window flapping frantically around the front seat bouncing off the windshield and dashboard a couple times, almost making me swerve into an oncoming car before it found it’s way out the passenger window. The whole thing took about 7 seconds and left me a little dazed.
Hey Scott, just so you know, I didn’t have this entry pre-written in my head before I started typing. It probably shows.
---------------
Simpson’s quote of the day: (Artie Ziff) “You can’t spell party without Artie…uh, if you misspell partie…or Arty.”
2 comments:
I always wondered what it'd be like if a bird flew in my window when I was driving... now I do!
maybe the weather, coupled with the odd behaviour of the birds is the sing of some strange happenings in the small haven of of Hannah.
I'm picturing the birds swarming you--sounds eeerily reminiscent of 'The Birds.'
Post a Comment