Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Homolka

With this wall to wall coverage you’d think the Pope had died again…or was released from prison. It’s a bit ironic (or disturbing) that she’s doing “exclusive” TV interviews the same day she’s going back to court to get the media to stop paying attention to her. “Hey you! HEY! You guys with the cameras & microphones, yes YOU GUYS! Come over here, come here a second. HEY! I’m talking to YOU, come here and listen to what I have to say…um, I wanted to ask you guys to leave me alone.”

The question seems to be whether she should she be left alone by the media and allowed to live free. Personally I thought that’s what the court system was for. She’s been let go, doesn’t that mean she has paid her debt and she has the same right as anyone to try to start building her life?

Now don’t get me wrong, I think she deserves to fry. I think for the rare extreme case I’d reconsider bringing the death penalty back (Clifford Olson, Pickton, the wonderful St. Cathrines couple). They should never be on the street again and I don’t see why we should spend a fortune to keep them locked up and healthy for decades.

I have trouble stomaching the woe is me whining “I will never really be free” she said in her interview yesterday. Guess you should have thought about that before you raped, tortured and killed several girls including your 14-year-old sister you fucking…. Anyway you get the point, nobody sympathises with her or cares how uncomfortable she claims to be with media attention, but the fact is our courts decided she should be free. If we disagree we need to find a way to get her back in prison where she belongs.

Otherwise she’s out, there are unprecedented restrictions placed on her, and media and police will always keep an eye on here. What else can or should we do? Let her try to sort her life out and be a productive member of society (whatever that crap means, don’t get me started on that one). Anyway I’m just on lunch, gotta run back to work.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree she is one sick puppy. The law may have let her go, but it doesn't mean people are going to forget.

And she didn't spend enough time in jail to make up for what she did not only to her sister but other woman.

Tara said...

I'm guessing after being out for a while, she will want to go back to jail.

Anonymous said...

I think this shows how screwed the justice system is. Messed up, screwed, there are plenty of fine words to describe this lady. I think society has the right to know everything this chick is doing. I would feel uncomfortable is she was living where I am. I just have one other thing to say. I wouldn't want to be the journalist always writing the story on her.